Ian Davis was born and raised in Montreal. He spent a great deal of time in the Eastern Townships and Laurentians, skiing in the winter and enjoying a family cottage or working at Kamp Kanawana in the summers. In 1984 Ian graduated from Queens University at Kingston Ontario with a Bachelor of Arts Honours, majoring in economics and minoring in English.
Ian attended both Windsor University and Queen’s University for law school and graduated in 1987. He promptly moved to British Columbia to complete his articling year with the Vancouver law firm, Boughton and Company. He joined Race and Company, LLP in 1989, when it was then known as Paul, Race, Wilhelm-Morden and Moon.
In 2010 he was recruited by the Law Society to review and updated the Real Estate chapters of the Professional Legal Training Course material used to train articling Students. Ian has been a speaker at courses sponsored by the Vancouver Real Estate Board and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority. Ian strongly believes in community and international service. He is a member of Rotary and has traveled to Kenya on international projects. Locally, he supports many community organizations through Rotary.
– British Columbia 1988
– LLB, Queen’s University, 1987
– Bachelor of Arts (Economics), Honours, Queen’s University, 1984
Memberships and Affiliations
– Law Society of British Columbia;
– Rotary Club of Squamish, including past President;
– Past director of Whistler Workers Cup Society;
– Past director and Chair of the Whistler Chamber of Commerce;
– Past director and Chair of the Squamish Community Foundation;
– Director of the Squamish Chamber of Commerce;
– Past Chair of Rotary District 5040 Foundation Annual Programs Fund
*Personal Law Corporation